Barossa Vine $1,000
Donating a Barossa Vine is a unique opportunity to invest in the perpetuity of The Barossa Cellar and secure one (or several) of 1800 Vines in our stunning vineyard. Cuttings for the one hectare Shiraz vineyard will be sourced from old vine, heritage vineyards within the Barossa and Eden Valleys.
The vineyard will be designed and cared for sustainably with best practice input from Barossa viticulturists with more than 175 years of accumulated knowledge and experience.
Once the vineyard has been planted in spring 2018, individual vines will be allocated to each Vine donor. A virtual vineyard will be created on our website, enabling Barossa Vine donors to “visit” their vine. Vine donors will be kept informed of the vineyard’s development, progress and seasonal activities.
Once the vineyard is bearing, a limited release wine will be made by Barossa winemakers and aged in locally coopered oak barrels for up to two years before being bottled. We anticipate the first vintage will be 2022, which will be released in 2025. Barossa Vine donors will have first option to buy this special, limited release wine.
Barossa Vine donors are encouraged to establish a generational connection by donating Vines in the name of their family, individual family members (including
children or grandchildren), or in memory of loved ones.
Vine donors will be acknowledged on a digital display in The Barossa Cellar and on our website.
Terms & conditions
- Once planted, Vines will be allocated randomly, however, donors of multiple Vines will have the opportunity to request their vines be kept together or separated.
- Donations are not tax deductible, but donors may be able to claim their donation as a legitimate business expense. It is recommended donors seek financial advice.
- Wine produced from The Barossa Cellar vineyard will only be available to Vine donors over 18 years of age.
- Donations will be confirmed in writing.
- Donors can choose to remain anonymous.